Combining its TAWS expertise from thousands of installations in private, corporate and air-transport airplanes and years of supplying civilian and military users with its 3” and 4” primary displays, Sandel introduces the ST3400H HeliTAWS® Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System. Certified to the new HTAWS TSO-C194 specifically for helicopters, the ST3400H combines an advanced HTAWS computer with the industry’s best display technology to provide a single panel-mount, self-contained solution.
- From the World Leader in retrofit TAWS solutions
- Based on the industry standard ST3400 Part 25 Class-A TAWS
- Designed specifically for helicopters
- Exceeds TSO C194 (HTAWS) standards
- Displays ultra-high resolution Terrain, clearly identifiable Obstacles and GPS Flight Plan
- TSO’d Traffic indicator when interfaced to an existing TAS or TCAS
- Radar Altimeter indicator replacement capable
- Integral Minimums (MINS) knob with aural and discrete outputs
- Best display performance - uses Sandel’s beautiful high brightness 3ATI display engine
- >10,000 Hour MTBF
For missions flown under night vision goggles, the HeliTAWS® can be ordered with Sandel’s proprietary on-demand Class-B NVIS option. Unlike aftermarket NVIS modifications, Sandel’s unique NVIS mode employs no external filters and does not degrade its brightness or daylight characteristics when NVIS is 'off'.
For those requiring additional capability the HeliTAWS supports GPWS Modes 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
As the World's TAWS retrofit leader, Sandel has perfected the 3ATI format along with its ultra flexible avionics interfaces. Panel space is at a premium in helicopters and its self-contained 3-ATI size allows the ST3400H to be installed in the place of an existing radar altimeter indicator. This means less modification, less cost, and less downtime. No remote black boxes involved.
Tested to DO-160F helicopter vibration standards, the ruggedized HeliTAWS® is built for reliability and has an MTBF of 10,000 hours.