SN3500 Software Revisions
To download the latest software for the SN3500 please use the following form:
Software Update Download
Note: SN3500 units without LED backlighting can only be updated to software version 4.03.
A4.07 - Released 7/7/2014
- Addressed manufacturing issue
A4.06 - Released 1/24/2014
- For units with MOD A hardware only. (Serial numbers 5-4500 and higher.)
- Increased tolerance for fluxgate input to prevent premature flagging at high latitudes
- Added selection for Garmin GTN6XX/7XX to GPS-1 and GPS-2 maintenance pages. (Operation is identical to Garmin GNS430 selection).
4.05 - Released 3/2/2012
- Adds optional LNAV Roll Steering capability. (Feature is standard on new shipments. Older units require purchase of key code to activate following software update to 4.05.)
4.04 - Released 12/5/2011
- Changed error handling of heading when using ARINC 407 (XYZ) due to loss of inverter.
- Improved electrical resolution of ARINC 407 bootstrap compass output.
4.03 - Released 11/20/2010
- Improved TACAN receiver self-test display.
- Improved external brightness trim setting.
- Increased resolution of heading and course datum output signals.
4.02 - Released 6/4/2010
- Improved TACAN display for self-test and negative range rates.
- Power-on restore of brightness setting for NVIS operations.
- TACAN relay output discrete for external annunciation.
- New reversionary attitude control input for installations with analog DME.
- New external brightness control input.
- Heading bug selectable to orange or white.
4.01 - Released 8/27/2009
- ARINC 429 test mode indication.
- Extended AC inverter range (240 - 560Hz).
- Additional data recording items.
4.00 - Released 5/27/2009
- Reversionary Attitude Mode available as option when using Sandel SG102 ARHS or other ARINC 429 AHRS as primary heading source.
- Data recording of SG102 data for AHRS diagnostics.
- Slight change in font including the 'nm' character to replace the 'm' character in all distance displays.
- Supports multi-channel DMEs.
3.06 - Released 12/11/2008
- Corrects automatic navigation source selection syncing with Garmin receivers.
3.05 - Released 9/15/2008
- Added annunciators for GPS WAAS selected approaches (ARINC Label 261 only).
- GPS Integrity Annunciator position moved to the upper right portion of the display co-located with the GPS WAAS selected approach annunciation.
- Added support for NVIS operation.
3.04 - Released 8/4/2008
- Added support for TACAN.
3.03 - Released 4/21/2008
- Updated WSI satellite weather interface.
3.02 - Released 11/19/2007
- Added GPS Integrity annunciation (ARINC Label 261 only).
- Associated ILS Energize output with active GPS approach.
- Added extended resolution for lateral guidance (ARINC Labels 116 and 325 only).
- Added support for WSI AV300/350 satellite weather receivers.
- Added high-speed ARINC 429 GPS selection.
- Supports connecting USB cable while SN3500 is powered.
3.01 - Released 9/29/2006
- Changed heading operation during first two minutes after startup to revert to fast slave mode in installations where a KG 102 gyro input is flagged as invalid.
- Corrected issue with incorrect heading display during extended high-rate turns (more than 10 minutes) in installations with a KG 102 gyro input.
- Added smoothing to compass card display when using XYZ heading input.
- Corrected display of flight plan course line when GPS is set to OBS mode to address scenario where course line could flash.
- Corrected situation in installations with WSI but no WX-500 input where pressing and holding the WX button would cause a system restart.
- Disabled heading bug sync function of heading knob during map menu operations.
- Map scratchpad memory retained during power cycle.
- Added null calibration capability to lateral and vertical deviation outputs on Maintenance Page 10.
- Added separate calibration settings for heading and course FCS deviation outputs on Maintenance Page 9.
- Corrected display of equipment active status indicators on Maintenance Page 13.
- Corrected operation of GPS Vertical Deviation selection menu when an ARINC 429 GPS is selected on Maintenance Pages 7 & 8.
- Corrected display of valid/invalid status of analog DME valid input on Maintenance Page 5.
- Changed bootstrap output selection to be independent of FCS selection. Bootstrap selection is now on Maintenance Page 10.
- Added support for analog NAV receivers which do not output composite signal.
- Changed analog to/from input when using analog localizer input to match installation manual.
- Corrected display of vertical flag and super flag output voltages on Maintenance Page 10.
3.00 - Released 12/5/2005
- Coupled back course localizer approach sensitivity fixed.
- WSI Datalink receiver precipitation and lightning support added.
- Map database version displayed.
- Multiple course pointer values removed to support GNS 430/530 auto coupled enroute to approach transitions.
- Removed unnecessary annunciations for decluttering.
- Improved TFC auto-range behavior.
- Added support of NAV2 on GPS2 relays.
- FCS maintenance page text revised to match pre-existing SN3308 installations.
- Changed default quadrant for KMT 112 installations.
2.01 - Released 9/20/2005
- Traffic display capability feature added.
- King serial DME support added.
- Analog DME support added.
- KLN 94 OBS mode support added.
- Menu button operation improvement.
- Color display & color pallet improvement.
- VDI flagging improvement.
- Map range expanded to 1,000 miles.
1.02 - Released 6/29/2005
- Commercial release.
1.00 - Released 5/12/2005
- Initial release.