Designed for broad military applicability, the innovative Sandel HeliTAWS® ST3453H is the only multihazard avoidance system built for military helicopters. The compact and affordable Sandel HeliTAWS® ST3453H enhances situational awareness in low visibility conditions and low altitude flying, day or night.
It's TruAlert® technology eliminates nuisance alerts and ensures accuracy at all operational altitudes. Incorporating an integrated ultra-bright 3D terrain display Sandel HeliTAWS® provides straightforward replacement for existing RadAlt indicators, saving on installation time and cost.Sandel HeliTAWS ST3453H, chosen by Sikorsky for the S-70i Black Hawk, is the superior HTAWS solution specifically engineered for military helicopters. The self-contained unit comes fully loaded and listed under one part number for ease of ordering and installation.
- MIL-STD-3009 NVIS Compatible
- MIL-STD-810G Compatible
- MIL-STD-1553 Bus Interface
- TSO C194 Compliant
- Only system with pilot-selectable modes for nuisance-free alerting
- Allows off-airport landings without nuisance alerts
- Provides RadAlt callouts all the way to the ground
- Dedicated full-time, 3D terrain display for added situational awareness
- Ultra-high resolution wire, terrain and obstacle display